Hi all....3 of you!
As I said in an earlier post, I have been working on a few things this week and I'm very excited to share them with you. I don't have them all completed yet...but this way you can follow my progress. I'm hoping to have them finished and in their appropriate homes soon. I made some more labels for the some bottles in my bathroom. Here's a before shot of what the bottles looked like:
And here's what they look like now:
Hunny gave me an early birthday present! I LOVE it:
So I'm putting it to good use. I bought this mail box at a yard sale. The ugly, thick dark green had to go. It had a winter barnyard scene that was really quite nice but not exactly what I wanted on it so I started stripping it off . I forgot to get a before shot when I started, so here it is just after I started stripping the paint off:
I stripped and sanded to the bare wood and then gave it a coat of primer and a black undercoat. I still haven't decided what color I want to paint it. My options are chocolate brown to match the cushion on the bench in my entry hall...or maybe yellow ochre, just because I like the color. I'm open to suggestions:
I'm really proud of this magazine rack I started yesterday. I hope I'm not stealing anyones copyright here. I saw this in a magazine and thought "I can make that". I still have some sanding to do and of course it has to be painted. It is going to be black and it will be hung in my bathroom. My version has smaller dimensions and the top is a bit different:
And finally...I made these "sock dryer's". I got the pattern for these here http://simplyprim.blogspot.com/ ...thank you Kris! These are just adorable! I intend to hang one of them in my laundry room and the other is a gift for a friend. They are also not finished yet...still trying to decide if I want to stain them or paint them. Any ideas?
So that's what I have been up to this week. I hope you've enjoyed looking at my projects as much as I have enjoyed working on them. I will post more pics when I have them completed. Until then...Happy Sunday!!
Lori
UPDATE…Things I love!
6 months ago

You have some lovely things! The sock dryers are really nice. The labels you added really add a lot to the jars :) Best of luck with your blogging. You're doing just fine!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Dawn
Thank you for your kind words, Dawn.
ReplyDeletehi Lori,I'm so impressed with your ideas.I really want some of those labels.What's the idea behind the stocking's?Remember to drop up Saturday for tea. Vicki
ReplyDeleteThanks Vicki! The idea behind the sock dryers is that years ago all the socks were made with wool, so to prevent them from shrinking while they were drying, they would pull them over "dryers" like the ones I have here and that would help them keep their shape while they dried. Smart women back then, hey? I'll get your list for the labels when I come up for tea on Saturday. See ya then! :)
ReplyDelete